In a previous post, we provided an overview of Kareo’s robust online support. We explained that medical billing users and managers of all levels and familiarity with Kareo, including new hires with no experience, have unlimited access to manuals, quick start guides, implementation guides, guides on specific features and topics and a host of video-based resources. These include live webinars and number of self-paced streaming training videos. But, with a topic this important, and with so many support resources available from Kareo.com, there’s more to cover on the subject.
In this post, we wanted to give you more info about the most popular support videos we’ve made available for your convenience.
We make it easy to get the Kareo information you’re looking for!
In our training videos, our experienced and knowledgeable trainers present complete information and all the details you’ll need. But we realize that much of this information needs to be available as an ongoing resource to refresh users’ memories or for future — and likely repeated — reference. Plus, sometimes you simply need an answer to a specific question.
With this in mind, we’ve created a number of videos that cover the specific topics and questions our trainers most commonly encounter working with Kareo users. We’ve excerpted these videos from our self-based training courses, because we think they are useful for medical billing professionals and important to making Kareo as user-friendly, useful and helpful as possible..
Here is what you’ll find in our Popular Videos section:
- Welcome to Kareo – Get started with your Kareo implementation.
- Quick Setup – Adjust key settings and get started billing.
- Intro to the Kareo Setup Wizard – Get started using Kareo quickly and easily.
- Getting Started – Sign in, use the dashboards and understand the basics.
- Enrollment for Electronic Services – Enroll in e-claim services for faster claims.
- Setting Up a Practice – Create practices, change them and add multiples.
- Setting Up Providers – Add, find and change providers. And request deactivation.
- Setting Up Service Locations – Add, find, change and delete locations.
- Activating Electronic Claims – Activate practices and insurers for e-claims.
- Configuring Users and Security – Set up groups/users and understand and configure security.
- Setting Up Insurance Companies – Set up your list of insurers.
- Setting Up Insurance Plans – Set up your list of insurance plans.
- Managing Procedure and Diagnosis Codes – Set up and manage procedures and procedure codes.
- Managing Other Codes – Set up modifiers, adjustment codes and procedure categories.
- Setting Up Other Lists – Set up attorneys, employers, Workers’ Compensation offices, payer scenarios and collection categories.
- Setting Up Fee Schedules & Contracts – Set up standard fee schedules and insurance-specific contracts.
- Setting Up Departments – Add, change and delete departments.
- Managing Patient Records – Enter patient information and view patient history.
- Using the Patient Account Ledger – Access patients’ financial history, add notes and generate reports.
- Charges and Encounters – Enter charges and encounters, use code scrubbing and configure the options for encounters.
- Sending Claims – Review encounters, print paper claims and submit electronic claims.
- Claims and Clearinghouse Reports – Track claims status and review clearinghouse reports.
- Posting Payments – Post patient payments and insurance payments using EOBs and ERAs.
- Patient Statements – Set up statement options and prepare and send statements.
- Encounter Forms – Set up procedures and diagnoses and print encounter forms.
- Appointment Scheduling – Set up calendars, schedule appointments and print schedules.
- Appointment Reminders – Set up and use automatic email reminders.
- Document Management – Scan, fax, manage, process and attach documents.
- Tasks – Assign and track work.
Reporting and Special Topics
- Reports – Generate reports, customize options and learn about the major reports.
- Custom Reports – Use Kareo data and Microsoft Excel to build custom reports and charts.
- Kareo and Practice Fusion Interface – Interface Kareo with Practice Fusion’s EHR system.
- Contacting Customer Support – Learn how you can get additional help from our customer support and other departments.
At Kareo, we feel it’s important to support medical billing departments, managers and staff with a truly robust support offering. In addition to self-paced training courses and specific-topic videos, we also provide an online community and forum, live webinars and other mechanisms for making sure you have the tools, guidance and assistance you need. And we’ll be covering them in future posts to this blog.
Have a subject you’d like us to cover in this blog? Post it in the Comments section or on our Facebook page. We’d love to help you with it!