“Security is one of the hottest topics in health IT because it can prevent providers and patients from wanting to adopt emerging health tools,” says #KareoChat host @JaredPiano. Join @JaredPiano and @GoKareo for a #KareoChat this Thursday, March 31 to discuss how providers can prepare for a cyber attack.
Here are the chat questions to help you prepare your thoughts and join the conversation.
- Are you aware of the recent MedStar Health attack? Why should providers be concerned?
- What are some security basics every provider should follow?
- How can providers identify security breaches?
- How can providers establish a security culture?
- Will security concerns keep patients from wanting to engage with digital health?
- Are security concerns overblown? What is the real danger to patients and providers?
About the Host
Jared Johnson, founder and content awesomeness advisor at Ultera Digital, is a thought leader with 13 years of experience researching, designing and implementing digital marketing solutions for health care and technology organizations, from start-ups to the Fortune 500. He is a blogger, speaker and host of the Health IT Marketer Podcast.
He tells the story of innovation in health IT by creating streams of awesome content that make people think differently. He helps others do the same through consulting and speaking with health care companies on the topics of influencer and content marketing.
He’s used to eating from the other side of the plate, and he’s had trouble with scissors since preschool. In other words, he’s left-handed and predisposed to challenging the status quo.