HIPAA is being pushed again with the beginning of the 2016 HIPAA Audits! The Health and Human Service’s Office for Civil Rights has been busy sending out e-mails to verify contact information of privacy and security professionals as well as collecting demographic information regarding covered entities to start the 2016 HIPAA Audits. Learning from the experience of others on how to prepare and what is being done is a great way to help build a plan and be prepared in your organization. Don’t ignore the 2016 HIPAA Audits because they are coming…soon! Join @DanikaBrinda and @GoKareo for a #KareoChat discussion on HIPAA Audits this Thursday, June 30 at 9 AM PT.
Here are the chat questions to help you prepare your thoughts and join the conversation.
- The actual HIPAA Audits are starting soon, what is your organization doing to prepare?
- Does your organization have any concerns or fears with the HIPAA Audits?
- How has your organization used the HIPAA Audit Protocol to assist with preparation?
- Has your organization changed processes with business associates to prepare for the HIPAA Audits?
- What is the biggest challenge your organization is having to prepare?
- Do you have a best practice with maintaining necessary documentation for HIPAA Audits?
About the Host
Danika E. Brinda, PhD, RHIA, CHPS, HCISPP, is the CEO of TriPoint Healthcare Solutions and Planet HIPAA. She is also an Assistant Professor in Health Informatics and Information Management at the College of St. Scholastica in Duluth, Minn. Dr. Brinda is an expert in all aspects of healthcare privacy and security and has helped many organizations operationalize and implement compliant HIPAA practices. She is also a national speaker and author on many topics related to healthcare privacy and security.