Come join us at the next #KareoChat on Thursday, April 27 at 9AM PT, when host Kat Quinn (@DPCNavigator) will lead us in a discussion about alternative healthcare payment models. As the patient’s portion of healthcare payments continue to increase at alarming rates, independent practices are leading the way in redefining the doctor-patient relationship and implementing alternative patient payment models in response. What if practices could cut out the insurance middleman, red tape, and bureaucracy in healthcare causing doctor burnout and poor patient outcomes? Could a membership-based model improve operational efficiency and patient outcomes? We’ll explore direct pay and concierge/membership models, as well as the benefits and challenges associated with each.
Here are the chat questions to help you prepare your thoughts and join the conversation:
- What has your experience been with alternative payment models like direct pay or concierge medicine?
- How can direct pay or concierge membership models empower the doctor-patient relationship?
- What are some other benefits, such as savings on #Rx, lab work & surgeries?
- What should providers consider when adopting alternative payment models? What about patients?
- Open forum! Let’s talk better patient outcomes through price transparency and empowering patients to shop smart.
About the Host
Kat Quinn, MBA, is at the forefront of free-market healthcare, a movement to revolutionize healthcare by empowering the doctor-patient relationship. Kat provides a fresh and innovative approach to building market awareness for the free-market health care industry. She is top Direct Primary Care (DPC) influencer focusing on community-driven health to promote early adoption and building market awareness for DPC. DPC is a value-based health care model empowering the doctor-patient relationship, therefore leading to better health outcomes and lower medical and Rx costs. Her mission is to navigate through the ever-changing healthcare landscape, connecting physicians, patients, and employers to resources and networks. She strives for healthcare accessibility and affordability for all Americans through community collaboration, strategic partnerships & innovation. Inspiring physicians to follow their passion & accelerate positive change in healthcare with Direct Primary Care. Follow Kat on Twitter@DPCNavigator.